Sunday, June 10, 2012

Clearing A Channel

During the day, we can pause where situations must be met and decisions made, and renew the simple request "Thy will, not mine, be done."

If at these points our emotional disturbance happens to be great, we will more surely keep our balance provided we remember, and repeat to ourselves, a particular prayer or phrase that has appealed to us in our reading or meditations. Just saying it over and over will often enable us to clear a channel choked up with anger, fear, frustration, or misunderstanding, and permit us to return to the surest help of all -- our search for God's will, not our own, in the moment of stress.
  Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p102-103

The theme this week appears to be decision-making, although that isn't my doing.  My Higher Power must want to help me make better decisions and is supplementing my toolbox.  I get up in the morning and one of the first things I say is "Thy Will Be Done".  Somehow I thought that would get me through the day on His Will and not mine.  This hasn't proven to be true for me.  In a blink of an eye, my ego can swell to an unimaginable size and completely remove from my awareness all connection to my true spiritual nature.  I am self-will run riot and back to fixing, patching and 'managing' again. 

Thank You Higher Power.  Thank You for removing from me this defect of character that I may better know Thy Will.  Thank You for relieving me of the bondage of self, that I may be an instrument of Your Peace.  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment