Friday, July 20, 2012

Daily Reprieve

"What we really have is a daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of our spiritual condition."  Big Book, p85
How do I maintain my spiritual condition?  I go to meetings.  I meet with my sponsor regularly and work the steps and the traditions I try to practice them in all of my affairs.  I practice prayer in the morning, "Thy Will Be Done" and prayer in the evening, "Thank You".  I journal frequently, both on paper and electronically.  I meet with other recovering alcoholics on a regular basis.  And I watch my thoughts for stinkin-thinkin!

Thank You Higher Power.  Thank You for giving me these wonderful tools of recovery.  Thank You for making the phone not actually feel like the 1000 lbs. my head tells me it weighs.  Thank You for lifting denial from me about my illness so I remain humble enough to use these tools of recovery.  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment