Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Seriously Alcoholic


"If you are as seriously alcoholic as we were, we believe there is no middle-of-the-road solution. We were in a position where life was becoming impossible, and if we had passed into the region from which there is no return through human aid, we had but two alternatives: One was to go on to the bitter end, blotting out the consciousness of our intolerable situation as best we could; and the other, to accept spiritual help. This we did because we honestly wanted to, and were willing to make the effort." Big Book, p25

I am willing to accept spiritual help today.  I nearly died from trying to blot out all consciousness of anything going on in my life.  I was one of those people driven by 1000 forms of fear and self-delusion and I didn't even know it.  I acknowledge that the fear still exists now, but it doesn't drive me to drink.  I have a Higher Power that loves me and that I trust with almost all of my affairs.  I have a Fellowship of men and women I can talk too when things get rough because I forget I can trust my Higher Power.

Thank You Higher Power.  Thank You for taking care of every detail of my life.  Thank You for the Love You have given me within and the Love You have manifested through the Group.  Thank You. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment