Monday, July 16, 2012

Digesting Some Big Chunks

"In this book you read again and again that faith did for us what we could not do for ourselves. We hope you are convinced now that God can remove whatever self-will has blocked you off from Him. If you have already made a decision, and an inventory of your grosser handicaps, you have made a good beginning. That being so you have swallowed and digested some big chunks of truth about yourself."  Big Book, p70

I am grateful for this process.  When I first began to accept the truth about how sick I really was and am still, I got to see the power of God in action.  I could see where I could not control my behaviors for any length of time.  This includes my alcoholism/addictions as well as the rest of my shortcomings.  I could see fear was at the root of most of my problems.  Having made this beginning, I experienced more willingness to continue.  That has been one of the gifts I've received in recovery.

Thank You Higher Power.  Thank You for helping me make this beginning.  If I had not found You in Step 2 and learned to trust You in Step 3, I could not have faced squarely the facts about this illness.  Thank You for Your Grace in showing me the truth about my behaviors.  Thank You.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment