Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Now These Are About To Be Cast Out


 
 
"Having made our personal inventory, what shall we do about it? We have been trying to get a new attitude, a new relationship with our Creator, and to discover the obstacles in our path. We have admitted certain defects; we have ascertained in a rough way what the trouble is; we
have put our finger on the weak items in our personal inventory. Now these are about to be cast out. This requires action on our part, which, when completed, will mean that we have admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being, the exact nature of our defects. This brings us to the Fifth Step in the program of recovery mentioned in the preceding chapter."
 Big Book, p72
I am so grateful for my Sponsors past and present.  I am grateful that each one has listened to my inventory and allowed it to be what it is.  I wasn't chastised for any behaviors.  I wasn't pitied for any incidents where I might have been labeled 'victim'.  These Sponsors just listened, offered compassion, some good laughs and even shared their own experiences if they were similar to mine.  The freedom of knowing I am not the only one has been a catapult in my life.  Before program, I was isolated and I thought I had been the only one to endure what I endured.  As a result of Step Five, I was able to release resentments.  I thought I was the only one to commit certain acts that were unhealthy and harmful to myself and others.  As a result of Step Five, I was able to release guilt, shame and remorse and trade these in for an actual 'learning of the lesson' that I was being taught.  

Thank You Higher Power.  Thank You for the freedom of the bondage of self.  Thank You for the intimacy I am learning with Self.  And Thank You for the loving support throughout this journey of life.  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment