Saturday, July 14, 2012

Our Ideas Did Not Work

" When we saw others solve their problems by a simple reliance upon the Spirit of the Universe, we had to stop doubting the power of God. Our ideas did not work. But the God idea did." Big Book, p52

"My best thinking got me here" is something I often say at meetings.  It reminds me that when I try to run the show I ended making a mess.  God has a way of turning my messes into messages.  Once I put my trust in God in Step 3, I saw doubt turn into Faith.  It took surrender.  And it took action.  I was willing to try anything to not drink again.  It was this gift of desperation that led me to the shore of Faith.  And for that, I am grateful.


Thank You Higher Power.  Thank You for listening.  Thank You for turning despair into hope, doubt and fear into faith and loneliness into fellowship. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment