Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Fine Doctors


 
 
"God has abundantly supplied this world with fine doctors, psychologists, and practitioners of various kinds. Do not hesitate to take your health problems to such persons. Most of them give freely of themselves, that their fellows may enjoy sound minds and bodies." Big Book, p133


This is a hard one for me to accept.  I hear from a great many people that Doctors, pharmaceuticals and insurance companies are just after money and that I should always be skeptical.   I am already a bit of a naturalist in that I only take medicine if I feel terrible and even then I wrestle with taking tylenol.


I have just begun a new process of taking care of myself this month.  I have been to several doctors for all of my annual checkups, including the dentist, which I barely tolerate.  I have asked their guidance on what is best and when I should take medicines, rely on food changes, etc.  


I take the time to find the root of the problem (usually rooted in some kind of fear) and I approach it holistically, by doing Step Work to cleanse my mind and by eating the right foods that support wellness and healing.  


I focus on "Loving my Body" as it houses Spirit.  It is a temple and should be treated accordingly.  I have to use the Serenity Prayer for the wisdom to know the difference a lot of the time.  I have to be willing to look for a doctor that I respect and will heed.  That is part of my footwork in getting any treatments I might need.  I focus on loving my body as it is a temple for Spirit and let go of any fear.  I trust that God will lead me to the right people to provide me the best care.


Thank You Higher Power.  Thank You for showing me the path of healing and wholeness.  Thank You for guidance in all things medical, so that I may be well in body, mind and spirit.  May I do Thy Will always.  

No comments:

Post a Comment