Thursday, July 19, 2012

Placing the Problem

"If a repetition is to be prevented, place the problem, along with everything else, in God's hands."  Big Book, p120

Even though this excerpt is from Chapter "To Wives", I find it applies to me as the alcoholic as well.  Repetition in this sense means insanity or "doing the same thing over and over expecting different results".  And for me, to avoid repetition of my addiction, my character defects or even negative thoughts, I find that the best thing for me to do is to stop, slow down for a moment and offer it to my Higher Power.  I deny my ability to handle it and surrender it.  And, God always does for me what I cannot do for myself.  The more I remember this and practice this principle, the more serenity and peace I experience.

Thank You Higher Power.  Thank You for this new way of thinking and living.  Thank You for handling my burdens and making the terms easier for me.  Thank You.

1 comment:

  1. I had just read this again a few days ago and over time it has come to mean something more of a character change or psychic change that must occur in order to change a pattern of thinking and behavior and when i realized i was No longer reacting out of guilt or fear i then realized that God was doing for me what i could not do for myself, as you have stated. When i truly believe that God is as real as you and i then i feel like a spiritual experience in progress is growing within me one day a a time. Thank for sharing this. You wrote it on a Thursday July 19, 2012 and here it is Thursday October 18, 2012 right on time huh?

    ReplyDelete