Wednesday, May 9, 2012

God Didn't Do It

We cannot subscribe to the belief that this life is a vale of tears, though it once was just that for many of us. But it is clear that we made our own misery. God didn't do it. Avoid then, the deliberate manufacture of misery, but if trouble comes, cheerfully capitalize it as an opportunity to demonstrate His omnipotence. Big Book, p133
Basically, my troubles are of my own making.  I know that my reactions are what create trouble for me.   Either I think "this is terrible" or "why did it have to be this way?" and I react.  I play God.  Things are going to happen that cause pain, but becoming miserable over these events is a choice.  I can put my faith in a Higher Power and have serenity and peace knowing that although I may not understand, I know that there is a Force in the Universe available to me at all times.  Or, I can run around trying to patch holes in what I believe is going wrong.  When I choose God, I choose Peace.  This is not an avoidance of my problems.  This is actively and consciously choosing.  It demonstrates that my Higher Power is all powerful and can calm and heal my fears, my anxieties and my shame, even in the darkest of hours.  I just need to remember to choose. 
Thank You Higher Power.  Thank You for Your Strength, Your Power and Your Love.  Thank You for taking me through many dark nights and for keeping me sober.  Thank You for showing me that Peace, Your Peace, is an option to me today.  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment