Monday, May 21, 2012

Step Eight

  Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.  Step Eight, Alcoholics Anonymous

Questions from the Contents page in the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions:
This and the next two Steps are concerned with personal relations.  Learning to live with others is a fascinating adventure.  Obstacles: reluctance to forgive, nonadmission of wrongs to others; purposeful forgetting.  Necessity of exhaustive survey of the past.  Deepening insight results from thoroughness.   Kinds of harms done to others.  Avoiding extreme judgments.  Taking the object view.  Step Eigth is the beginning of the end of isolation.


Reading Assignment:
Step Eight - Re-Read - Chapter 6 - Into Action
Step Eight - Page 70-76 in the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions


A few questions for focus:
Does taking this step indicate a change in attitude for me?
Approximately how many people have I adversely affected in my life?
What is the difference between wanting to do something and being willing to do it? Give a personal example.
How do I define self-discipline?
What is my experience of forgiving and being forgiven?
Am I willing to forgive those who have done me harm? Why or why not?
Am I willing to make amends to all those I have harmed? Please explain.



***This is not meant to substitute getting a sponsor***
***This is not meant to be a comprehensive Step***
***This is meant to be food for thought for me and if it helps you, then, "Thank You God"***

No comments:

Post a Comment