Thursday, May 3, 2012

We Must Go Further

Much has already been said about receiving strength, inspiration, and direction from Him who has all knowledge and power. If we have carefully followed directions, we have begun to sense the flow of His Spirit into us. To some extent we have become God-conscious. We have begun to develop this vital sixth sense. But we must go further and that means more action. Big Book, p85

More action for me means more prayer and meditation.  It means being open to Spiritual Guidance and GOoD orderly direction.  I love prayer and meditation time.  It is only through this practice that a true sense of peace and serenity set in.  I don't really 'hear' anything during meditation time.  I let my thoughts go by like little clouds because they never really served me well.  Afterall, it was my very best thinking that got me into the rooms and the messes in the first place. 

I just sit in the Silence and rest.  It helps restore my mind, body and soul.  And it really takes no effort, although my disease tries to hold me back like someone hanging on with their dead weight.  It is amazing how the illusions and excuses seem so real and justifiable to my mind.  In truth, meditation is easy as long as I am willing to let go of my thoughts.  Setting aside time for me and my Higher Power seems to be a key to this.  And practice seems to make it much easier.
Thank You Higher Power.  Thank You for our time together.  Thank You for the precious insights I receive without even knowing.  Thank You for the healing of my mind, body and soul as I find rest in Your Presence.  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment