Thursday, May 24, 2012

Step Eleven

  Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.  Step Eleven, Alcoholics Anonymous

Questions from the Contents page in the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions:
Meditation and prayer main channels to Higher Power.  Connection between self-examination and meditation and prayer.  An unshakable foundation for life.  How shall we meditate?  Meditation has no boundaries.  An individual adventure. First result is emotional balance.  What about prayer?  Daily petitions for understanding of God's will and grace to carry it out.  Actual results of prayer are beyond question.  Rewards of meditation and prayer.

   
Reading Assignment:
Step Eleven - Re-Read - Chapter 6 - Into Action (focus on pages 85-88)
Step Eleven - Page 96-105 in the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions


A few questions for focus:
Is there anything preventing me from practicing meditation?
How do I tell between my Higher Power's will and my own rationalizations?
Where do I draw my source of power and inspiration to carry out my Higher Power's will?


***This is not meant to substitute getting a sponsor***
***This is not meant to be a comprehensive Step***
***This is meant to be food for thought for me and if it helps you, then, "Thank You God"***

No comments:

Post a Comment