Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Step Ten

Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.  Step Ten, Alcoholics Anonymous

Questions from the Contents page in the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions:
Can we stay sober and keep emotional balance under all conditions?  Self-searching becomes a regular habit.  Admit, accept, and patientlyc orrect defects.  Emotional hangover.  When past is settled with, present challenges can be met.  Varieties of inventory.  Anger, resentments, jealousy, envy, self-pity, hurt pride - all led to the bottle.  Self-restraint first objective.  Insurance against "big-shot-ism".  Let's look at credits as well as debits.  Examination of motives. 


Reading Assignment:
Step Ten - Re-Read - Chapter 6 - Into Action (focus on pages 84-85)
Step Ten - Page 88-95 in the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions


A few questions for focus:
Do I have an attitude of gratitude?
Do I promptly make amends, when necessary?
Do I forgive myself when I have a 'forgetter' day and begin to run on self-will?
Am I making spiritual progress?



***This is not meant to substitute getting a sponsor***
***This is not meant to be a comprehensive Step***
***This is meant to be food for thought for me and if it helps you, then, "Thank You God"***

No comments:

Post a Comment