Sunday, May 20, 2012

Step Seven

Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.  Step Seven, Alcoholics Anonymous

Questions from the Contents page in the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions:
What is humility? What can it mean to us?  the avenue to true freedom of the human spirit.  Necessary aid to survival.  Value of ego-puncturing.  Failure and misery transformed by humility.  Strength from weakness.  Pain is the admission price to new life.  Self-centered fear chief activator of defects.  Step Seven is change in attitude which permits us to move out of ourselves toward God.


Reading Assignment:
Step Seven - Re-Read - Chapter 6  - Into Action
Step Seven - Page 70-76 in the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions

A few questions for focus:
Does taking this step indicate a change in attitude for me?
What in this prayer am I unwilling to say and believe?  Can I adjust this prayer to fit my particular belief system while maintaining the integrity of the prayer and my willingness to allow my Higher Power to remove my shortcomings?


 "My Creator, I am now willing that you should have all of me, good and bad. I pray that you now remove from me every single defect of character which stands in the way of my usefulness to you and my fellows. Grant me strength, as I go out from here, to do your bidding. Amen."

***This is not meant to substitute getting a sponsor***
***This is not meant to be a comprehensive Step***
***This is meant to be food for thought for me and if it helps you, then, "Thank You God"***

No comments:

Post a Comment