Friday, May 4, 2012

He Disclosed Himself To Us!

When we drew near to Him He disclosed Himself to us!  Big Book, p57

The more I stay in the solution, the more that is revealed to me.  If I don't take that first drink, I remain open.  If I don't take that first drink, I remain willing.  If I don't take that first drink, I can make conscious contact.  If I don't take that first drink, I harm others less.  If I don't take that first drink, He discloses Himself to me.  The onion is peeled and I am left without cover and I am not afraid.   I am not filled with fear all the time anymore.  I know my Higher Power is beautiful, loving and merciful.  I may face traumatic events, and have, without needing another drink.  I have a Higher Power I can rely on completely and fully.  I have learned a new way of life without alcohol.  I have found a spiritual way of life that brings me peace, joy and happiness.  As I trudge this road of happy destiny, I see Him.  I see Him in you.  He discloses Himself through prayer and meditation.  He discloses Himself through acts of kindness.  He discloses Himself in the magnificence of an angel oak tree.  He discloses Himself when another person shares at a meeting.  He is constantly disclosing Himself as I remain open to hear the message, experience the life and intuitively feel the connection to it all.

Thank You Higher Power.  Thank You for Your disclosures.  Thank You for this life.  Thank You for the connection to my brothers and sisters in the Fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous.  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment