Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Step Nine

Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.  Step Nine, Alcoholics Anonymous

Questions from the Contents page in the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions:
A tranquil mind is the first requisite for good judgment.  Good timing is important in making amends.  What is courage?  Prudence means taking calculated chances.  Amends begin when we join AA.  Peace of mind cannot be bought at the expense of others.  Need for discretion.  Readiness to take consquences of our past and to take responsibility for well-being of oithers is spirit of Step Nine.


Reading Assignment:
Step Nine - Re-Read - Chapter 6 - Into Action (focuse on the promises on page 83.."If we are painstaking...")
Step Nine - Page 77-87 in the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions


A few questions for focus:
Am I willing to make amends to all those I have harmed? Is there someone I want to leave out? Please explain.
What are living amends and how can I apply that to my list of people harmed?
What has been my experience in making amends so far? 
Why does the book say, "Peace of mind cannot be bought at the expense of others"?  Does this apply to any of my amends?


***This is not meant to substitute getting a sponsor***
***This is not meant to be a comprehensive Step***
***This is meant to be food for thought for me and if it helps you, then, "Thank You God"***

No comments:

Post a Comment