Saturday, May 5, 2012

How Can I Best Serve Thee

Every day is a day when we must carry the vision of God's will into all of our activities. "How can I best serve Thee—Thy will (not mine) be done." These are thoughts which must go with us constantly. Big Book, p85

I have mirrored closet doors at home.  A few weeks ago, I needed this reminder so I took out some lipstick from the bathroom drawer and wrote on the mirror, "Relieve me of the bondage of self".  I want to remember the 3rd Step prayer each morning when I wake up.  It is not automatic for me.  My ego is so big that it is always trying to edge God out.  I try to say Thy Will be done each morning and I need a post-it note for that.  I keep my Big Book with me throughout the day, even at work (I bought a bible cover for it to maintain anonymity) to remind me that I am here to serve and not here to use and abuse other people.  It is difficult for me to break from the patterns of my old ways, but I trust that if I keep doing the legwork, God will continue to break my old ways and restore me to sanity.  This is the only way I can be of service, otherwise I will continue to transmit the disease and not the solution.

Thank You Higher Power.  Thank You for showing me a new way of thinking and living.  Thank You for taking my willingness and turning it into something useful to you and my Fellows.  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment