Thursday, May 10, 2012

When The Spiritual Malady Is Overcome

When the spiritual malady is overcome, we straighten out mentally and physically.  Big Book, p64

My sponsor told me to, " Just go to meetings.  Let everything else go and just go to meetings.  Go to meetings and things will begin to be resolved."  My response was, "but"...  I have to take care of this.  And I just lost my job, so I have to take care of that.  And my car was repossessed so I have to take care of that.  My daughter this, my son that...  I was a mental disaster full of control!  After all of my initial rebuttals, I listened to my sponsor and just went to meetings.  I believe this was the manifestation of surrender. I walked to many of meetings.  I met people for coffee since I didn't have a job and there was a void to fill.  I just kept going to meetings and started working the steps.  God made it real simple for me.  As a result, everything started to straighten out.  I can't tell you the how or thy why of it really, but I can tell you that I stopped worrying and started living this thing called "a day at a time".  It was my first spiritual awakening (I have lots of little ones).

Thank You Higher Power.  Thank You for showing me how to live a day at a time.  Thank You for taking control from me the moment I surrendered it to You.  Thank You for putting me in the right place at the right time.  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment