Saturday, May 12, 2012

Lay Out The Kit Of Spiritual Tools

Never talk down to an alcoholic from any moral or spiritual hilltop; simply lay out the kit of spiritual tools for his inspection. Show him how they worked with you, offer him friendship and fellowship. Tell him that if he wants to get well you will do anything to help. Big Book p95

I have to work on this daily.  One of my shortcomings is self-righteous behavior and once I got into the program it became spiritual self-righteous behavior.  My disease constantly tells me I know what is better for someone else's recovery, but that is simply not the case.  I can look within and open up to guidance from my Higher Power for what is best for me in a situation, but I certainly can't do it for you or someone else.  I can listen.  I can point to the Steps and I can read the Big Book with you.  Anything outside of that is what another person's Higher Power is for.

Thank You Higher Power.  Thank You for showing me that I am not the answer.  I do not know the answers for another.  Thank You for allowing me to surrender this to You and for helping me to move out of the way.  Thank You. 

1 comment:

  1. Psychic Readers
    A metaphysical store offering a variety of high quality spiritual tools and healing crystals. Come immerse yourself in the transformative world of crystal energy.

    ReplyDelete