Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Armed with Facts

But the ex-problem drinker who has found this solution, who is properly armed with facts about himself, can generally win the entire confidence of another alcoholic in a few hours.  Until such an understanding is reached, little or nothing can be accomplished.  Big Book p18

In my experience, there is a lot of truth here.  I notice that when I am working with others from an honest place within myself, relationships begin, small amounts of trust begin to form and I am a conduit for God's work.  I have also noticed the opposite.  When I fall into my old 'Big Shot" ways or I am looking to take credit for another person's recovery, all of a sudden, I notice that nobody wants to listen to what I have to say.  Who would want to?  I don't even like what my ego has to say!  When I am not in a 'surrendered' state of consciousness,  I see one of the key symptoms I recognize is when I start saying, "you should", instead of, "this is how it happened with me". 

Thank you Higher Power.  Thank you for continued guidance and support.  Whenever I trust in the program of Alcoholics Anonymous I see the synchronicities of how I am attracted to the right people at the right time.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment