Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Taking Stock

We did exactly the same thing with our lives.  We took stock honestly.  First, we searched out the flaws in our make-up which caused our failure.  Being convinced that self, manifested in various ways, was what had defeated us, we considered its common manifestations. Big Book, p64

"Being convinced that self, manifested in various ways".  This reminds me of "As a Man Thinketh, so is He".  If I come from a place of ego, then I will manifest a life of ego.  If I come from a place of love, then I will manifest a life of love.  Now I think I know what my sponsor meant.  My sponsor used to say, "A loving person lives in a loving world and a hateful person lives in a hateful world."  That makes a lot of sense to me now.  If I operate from self-will or "me, my and mine", then I am going to get a "me, my and mine" response from the Universe and so I am left selfish and alone.  Now, if I ask the question, "How may I serve?", then the Universe is going to say, "How may I serve?" and then all is shared loving service.  But my focus would have to remain on what I am doing, not what I am getting, otherwise, I am still being selfish and self-centered. 

Thank you Higher Power.  Thank you for such beautiful connections.  It is only through these steps, with your guidance, that I am able to enjoy life in such a meaningful way.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment