Sunday, February 12, 2012

Outgrow Fear? Wow!


We never apologize to anyone for depending up on our Creator.  We can laugh at those who think spirituality the way of weakness.  Paradoxically, it is the way of strength.  The verdict of the ages is that faith means courage.  All me of faith have courage.  They trust their God.  We never apologize for God.  Instead we let Him demonstrate, through us, what He can do.  We ask Him to remove our fear and direct our attention to what He would have us be.  At once, we commence to outgrow fear.  Big Book p68

I love this passage and it describes some of my experiences so far in this program.  I used to cry and shake when I shared.  I would worry about what I was going to say and if anyone thought it was worth listening too.  Then my sponsor taught me another way.  “Say a little prayer before you speak, ‘Higher Power, if I can help someone that is great, but please don’t let me hurt anyone with my sharing’, and then leave the results to God.”  That way, you can let it go and listen to others and hear the message instead of mulling over in your head, over and over, what you may or may not say.  A few months later, I had asked my sponsor if my sharing was okay.  All I got was a laugh and, “Are you judging God’s work again?”  What a great laugh and what a relief!

Thank you Higher Power.  Thank you for allowing me to abandon myself to do with me as Thou wilt.  What a blessing to have such fears removed, just for today.  Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment