Saturday, February 25, 2012

Great Fact

Our book is meant to be suggestive only.  We realize we know only a little.  God will constantly disclose more to you and to us.  Ask Him in your morning meditation what you can do each day for the man who is still sick.  The answers will come, if your own house is in order.  But obviously you cannot transmit something you haven't got.  See to it that your relationship is right, and great events will come to pass for you and countless others.  This is the Great Fact for us.  Big Book, p164

This is one of my favorite passages.  You will hear me say that all the time because I am in love with this book, so I am not contradictory, just blessed differently every time I read it!  haha.
I have seen this passage work in my life over and over and over in a short period of time.  Incredible synchronicities!  I have been gifted with loving relationships that have allowed me the freedom to roam because I have been able to accept, a little more each day, each person that presents themselves to me.  And not as I would have it, but as the God of my understanding would have it.  I am able to recognize my 'self' in others and it has allowed me to express compassion and understanding, rather than wanting to change others into something they may not be.  I mean, if Step 7 says to humbly ask God to remove my defects, then it must be God who works with them too, right?  So why am I always questioning and wanting to change God's work?  hmmmm.. More food for thought. 

Thank you Higher Power.  Thank you for this Great Fact.  Thank you for showing me the way to love.  Thank you for lifting me out of the two-step illusion into making me useful to you and others.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment