Saturday, February 4, 2012

No Such Thing


"Physicians who are familiar with alcoholism agree there is no such thing as making a normal drinker out of an alcoholic.  Science may one day accomplish this, but it hasn't done so yet."  Big Book p31

Even though this book was written over fifty years ago now, this statement still applies.  There is no magic pill that will work.  Sure, I can use a magic pill the same way I used alcohol to anesthesize myself and fall deeper into the hypnosis of my own denial, but I cannot be a normal drinker, no matter what I try to do to prove this wrong.  There are the Steps.  Don't take the elevator!  Try using the Steps.

Thank you Higher Power.  Thank you for your wisdom, strength and hope.  Thank you for the courage to accept what I can and cannot change.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment