Monday, February 20, 2012

Privileged to Communicate

Everyone must agree that we A.A.'s are unbelievably fortunate people; fortunate that we have suffered so much; fortunate that we can know, understand and love each other so supremely well.   As Bill Sees It, p231

The beautiful people in the rooms loved me back to health.  Their unwavering love, support and compassion was/is amazing to me.  Even on the rare occasions where they judged me, it came from a place of love and their own experience.  And this is what taught me that others out there were sick like me.  Once I started to practice what they taught me, I started to love, support and have compassion for others.  I learned that I didn't suffer for nothing.  I suffered to learn how to love.

Thank you Higher Power.  Thank you for showing me what love is not, so I may come to understand and experience what love is.  Thank you for the common purpose we have in the rooms.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment