Monday, February 13, 2012

Why Does He Behave Like This?


Why does he behave like this?  If hundreds of experiences have shown him that one drink means another debacle with all its attendant suffering and humiliation, why is it he takes that one drink?  Why can’t he stay on the water wagon?  What has become of the common sense and will power that he still sometimes displays with respect to other matters?  Big Book p22
I have asked myself so many of these questions and more.  Some answers have been revealed and some have not.  All I know is that today, I am granted a daily reprieve based on my spiritual condition, so I focus on that.  I am powerless over alcohol and by myself I am powerless over nearly everything.  But with a Higher Power, all good things, choices and reactions are possible.

Thank you Higher Power.  Thank you for strength to follow your guidance.  Thank you for not having me dwell in the past, but still keep the door to the past open for more insights on your time.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment