Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Morning Prayer

God, I offer myself to Thee - to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt.  Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will.  Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy Way of life.  May I do Thy will always!  Big Book p63

This beautiful prayer has saved my life.  It gives me such strength each day to wake up each morning knowing that all is well and I do not have to take another drink.  The book goes on to caution us "We thought well before taking this step making sure we were ready; that we could at last abandon ourselves utterly to Him".  This has been a road of spiritual practice for me.  And each day, I mean it more.  And each day, I live it more.  And at the end of each day, I take my daily inventory and say thank you. 

Thank you Higher Power.  Thank you for today.  Thank you for showing me what, how, where and for giving me the courage to do what is mine to do.  Thank you for the guidance of my sponsors both present and past.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment