Friday, February 24, 2012

Organized Religion

We, who have traveled this dubious path, beg you to lay aside prejudice, even against organized religion.  Big Book p49

This was a must for me!  If the word "beg" had not been in this sentence, I don't know if I would have taken this sentence it as seriously as I did.  As a result, a whole new world of opportunities have opened up for me.  I have found a place where different religions meet and it seems to me that they all meet upon the principles of Honesty, Open-Mindedness and Willingness.  And, in spite of what I may have heard about certain religions or even how 'some' people practice religion, I have found at the core of each lies the same great purpose of learning how to Love.  And, even if it looks really bad on the outside (wars being waged, discriminations against women, etc.), I have to realize that the people who do these things, just haven't gotten to the Truth yet.  For if they knew how Loving God and our fellows could be, they certainly would change their minds.

Thank you Higher Power.  Thank you for the Love!  Thank you for loving me through our connection.  Thank you for loving me through other members.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment