Sunday, February 19, 2012

Willingness


We found that as soon as we were able to lay aside prejudice and express even a willingness to believe in a Power greater than ourselves, we commenced to get results, even though it was impossible for any of us to fully define or comprehend that Power, which is God.  Big Book p46

It took me a while to come to believe in a Higher Power that I couldn't see.  My first Higher Power was the room itself.  Unaware of a greater consciousness, that was using the people in the rooms as instruments, I was still being healed and my mind cleared so that I may experience something even greater, a personal relationship with a God of my understanding.  I am still willing and still growing and I have to continualy lay aside prejudice.  Nearly everything that I have experienced so far, has been because I had to let go of something old.  Without being able to lay aside these prejudices, I would have held onto my pet beliefs and would still be the same as I was, which wasn't pleasant.

Thank you Higher Power.  Thank you for the gift of willingness.  Thank you for taking this willingness and turning it into a spiritual experience.  Thank you for our relationship.  Thank you for Oneness in my actions.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment