Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Poisoning

The man in the bed was told of the acute poisoning from which he suffered, how it deteriorates the body of an alcoholic and warps his mind.  There was much talk about the mental state preceding the first drink.  Big Book, p157

I am grateful.  I am grateful because of the miracles that happen in the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous.  I have put poisons into my body.  I have suffered.  I have been insane in ways I thought I would never recover.  I was in a hopeless state of mind and body.  And yet, here I am, participating in a fellowship I love.  I write my way to freedom each day.  I am of some service to others, which makes me feel useful.  I don't hide anymore.  And the list goes on...

Thank you Higher Power.  Thank you for some restored sanity.  Thank you for making me useful to you, myself and others.  Thank you for taking me mess and turning it into a message of hope for others.  Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment