Thursday, February 23, 2012

New Power

As we felt new power flow in, as we enjoyed peace of mind, as we discovered we could face life successfully, as we became conscious of His presence, we began to lose our fear of today, tomorrow or the hereafter.  We were reborn.   Big Book, p63

I remember this feeling washing over me one day.  It was in the midst of an adversity while I was late in my second year of recovery.  It was the moment I turned my life over to some infinite love, possibility and potential.  I suppose someone might call that God.  I saw a door I could walk through that said above it, "all your needs are met here".  I walk through that door each time I realize I have, once again, started resting on my own laurels.   I am so thankful I know where to find that door!  In my minds eye, it is as I described above.  In the physical realm, it is the open door to a meeting, where I am welcomed and loved and cherished for being just who I am.

Thank you Higher Power.  Thank you for showing me the doorway to the present moment, where all of my needs are met and no fear, sickness or worries exist.  It is that place inside of me where I can meet you in perfect peace.  Thank you for the keys to the Kingdom.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment