Monday, March 12, 2012

Every One Of Them Agreed

On one proposition, however, these men and women are strikingly agreed.  Every one of them has gained access to, and believes in, a Power greater than himself.  This Power has in each case acccomplished the miraculous, the human impossible.  Big Book, p50

God does for me what I cannot do for myself.  When resting on my own will, the obsession was always there.  I never felt any relief at all, except when I was dabbling in other addictions, escaping reality,  and really just switched from scotch to brandy.  When I finally asked (begged really) for relief, God was there for me.   The obsession was relieved.  Just a little bit of clarity was restored.  Then a little more.  Then just a little bit more.  Each day, new miracles happened.  Things I never used to see, I now saw.  And the journey continues.

Thank you Higher Power.  Thank you for the all merciful and all goodness that you are and that you have brought into my life.  Thank you for the people of this program and all throughout my life.  Thank you for this day.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment