Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Program of Action

Outline the program of action, explaining how you made a self-appraisal, how you straightened out your past and why you are now endeavoring to be helpful to him.  It is important for him ti realize that your attempt to pass this on to him plays a vital part in your own recovery.  Actually, he may be helping you more than you are helping him.  Big Book, p94

I love working with others in this program. I have noticed how my Higher Power works through others to help me when I reach out to help them.  I find intuitive answers to situations that used to baffle me when I hear others share their stories with me. I also notice that when I hurt others, I hurt myself.  Alternatively, when I help others, I help myself.  More and more, my Higher Power reveals things to me that I didn't see before.  And, when I am going through some 'great event', I notice that my Higher Power sends me a new sponsee right on time to take me out of 'self' and into others and into action!  What an awesome program! 

Thank you Higher Power.  Thank you for a new way of thinking and living.  Thank for sober choices that I wasn't able to make when I was still active in all of my ISMs.  Thank you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment