Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mottoes


We have three little mottoes which are apropos.  Here they are:

First Things First
Live and Let Live
Easy Does It

Big Book, p135

I love the mottoes and slogans in Alcoholics Anonymous.  They are useful as reminders, as mantras, and as focal points for meditation.  There is a great website that has a list of about 400 slogans. 

http://webpages.charter.net/jlbond/slogans.htm
I love reading these when I am having trouble focusing on any tasks at hand, or when I just feel out of sorts.  Somehow, whenever I read these, I begin to picture an old-timer saying it a particular meeting or convention, then I remember their story and I start to smile.  This fellowship works in such extraordinary ways!

Thank you Higher Power.  Thank you for the creativity to create such healing words and phrases.  Thank you for the laughs that some of these messages bring.  And thank you for the fellowship itself.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment