Sunday, March 18, 2012

Financial Recovery

Although financial recovery is on the way for many of us, we found we could not place money first. For us, material well-being always followed spiritual progress; it never preceded.  Big Book, p127

This reminds me of an Albert Einstein quote, "We can't solve problems by using the same thinking that created them".  For me, thinking about money first puts the focus on the problem and not on the solution.  I begin to worry about this and that and soon I am no longer sleeping because my head is going 100 mph and all I want is a drink to shut it all down.  When I put my thoughts on my Higher Power and I put my efforts into prayer and meditation, the results are astounding.  I sleep better, I am able to live through what I used to call "catastrophes" and I have a sense of peace, even during times of financial insecurity.  I like that in the Big Book, it also talks about freedom from the fear of financial insecurity in the promises.  This tells me that I don't necessarily get a get out of jail free card from financial insecurity.  It just tells me I don't have to be afraid and I can still enjoy life even during hard financial times.

Thank you Higher Power.  Thank you for the love and the release of fear during these tough economic times.  Thank you for always showing me Your Will.  When I focus on You, all of my fears dissipate and I am living in the solution.  Thank you.

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.   Matthew 6:33

No comments:

Post a Comment