Sunday, March 25, 2012

We are going to talk about God

Well, that's exactly what this book is about.  Its main object is to enable you to find a Power greater than yourself which will solve your problem.  That means we have written a book which we believe to be spiritual as well as moral.  And it means, of course, that we are going to talk about God.  Big Book, p45

I didn't like talking about God at first because I never understood God or what God wanted from me.  I kind of had a very faint idea of some old man with white hair and a long beard, up in the sky, keeping an Excel spreadsheet of what I did good and what I did bad.  Similar to Santa Claus, I suppose.  What really helped me in the Big Book was the same statement that Bill W. found exciting and that was, "my own concept of God".  I also love that it is about having a personal relationship with this God of my understanding.  I wrote a want ad for a Higher Power when I was working Step 2 and the Higher Power that has been revealed is similar, if not even more loving and merciful, than the want ad I placed some years ago.  What a beautiful program this is!

Thank you Higher Power.  Thank you for leading me to the rooms, that lead me back to You.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment