Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Straighten Out

When the spiritual malady is overcome, we straighten out mentally and physically.  Big Book, p64

When I get down on my knees in desperation, I notice that things begin to change.  I get honest.  I get willing.  I am defeated.  Only then do things really change.  I have tried everything from curing my own alcoholism alone, trying fad diets to straighten myself out physically, and practicing pretty affirmations to straighten out mentally.  While some of these are good things, it was not until I got sincere with God that things truly began to change in my life.  The obsessions, the the conflicts, the resentments.  God has removed these from me every time I have sincerely asked it of Him.

Thank you Higher Power. Thank you for loving me.  Thank you for being with me through everything.  Thank you for helping me discover the depth of your love and your wisdom.  Thank you for straightening me out so I may be of some use to you and my fellows.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment