Sunday, March 11, 2012

Loving The Best

Gradually we began to be able to accept the other fellow's sins as well as his virtues.  We coined the potent and meaningful expression "Let us always love the best in others - and never fear their worst." As Bill Sees It, p203

We are really a very sick people.  It is only through the love of this program that I am being healed.  I feel accepted and I am learning to accept.  The craziest people in the rooms are my greatest teachers.  It is easy to love someone lovable.  What is difficult is loving the people who irritate me, get on my nerves or who don't fit into some box of how I think people should behave.  I looked up sin in the dictionary and it means "missing the mark".  I miss the mark a lot and I have to tell you that I see absolutely no room for judging others when I am being honest with myself.  We are all in this together. 

Thank you Higher Power.  Thank you for helping me to see the best in people.  Thank you for showing me that when I see the worst in people, I don't need to fear it, I just need to learn from it.  Thank you for your mercy in all that you show me.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment