Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pocket Our Pride


We pocket our pride and go to it, illuminating every twist of character, every dark cranny of the past. Once we have taken this step, withholding nothing, we are delighted. We can look the world in the eye. We can be alone at perfect peace and ease. Our fears fall from us. We begin to feel the nearness of our Creator. We may have had certain spiritual beliefs, but now we begin to have a spiritual experience. The feeling that the drink problem has disappeared will often come strongly. We feel we are on the Broad Highway, walking hand in hand with the Spirit of the Universe. Big Book, p75

I am having a spiritual experience right now.  It seems to happen when I least expect it, and immediately follows the swallowing of humble pie.  Letting go of all of my pet beliefs is difficult, but I must if I want to have a spiritual experience.  It is the only way I can let my Higher Power show me the way.  The book says to let go absolutely!  Let go absolutely or the result is nil!  Wow, this is so difficult and the only way I can get here is that thing called rigorous self-honesty.  Each time I go a little deeper into a new experience, every fiber of my being says "RUN".   Running is so ingrained in me as a character defect that I need to be hit with a spiritual 2x4 to even remember that there is a new way, a better way called "letting go absolutely".  My selfish, self-centered ways can only be treated by my Higher Power.  I can't do this alone.

Thank you Higher Power.  Thank you for all of my experiences, whether someone might label them good or bad.  Thank you for showing me that it is once again, time to let go and let You show me the next step.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment