Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Fellowship You Crave

Still you may say:  "But I will not have the benefit of contact with you who write this book."  We cannot be sure.  God will determine that, so you must remember that your real reliance is always upon Him.  He will show you how to create the fellowship you crave.  Big Book p164

I came into the program much too late to meet Bill W. or Dr. Bob.  And every time I read the "Vision for You" chapter I see that the Fellowship will number many "hundreds" and I am amazed.  That is a number that has been multiplied exponentially.  So many alcoholics have been spiritually infused by the words of this book, because there are so many living, breathing examples of how this thing works.

Trust God, Clean House, and Work With Others.  Notice that "Trust God" comes first.  The only way to right action is Trusting God and aligning my will with His, which automagically seems to attract the fellowship I crave.  I always, always have exactly what I need.

Thank you Higher Power.  Thank you for the Fellowship of the Spirit.  Thank you for teaching me to Trust in you and in the Fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous.  Thank you for showing me your will and for giving me the power to carry it out.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment