Thursday, April 19, 2012

Best Moments Drinking

My old manner of life was by no means a bad one, but I would not exchange its best moments for the worst I have now. I would not go back to it even if I could.  Big Book, p43

A bad day sober is far greater than a good day drinking.   It all looked like a "good time" when I was drinking.  When I look back on it now, I hurt a lot of people, I endangered my children and I physically devastated my body among other things.  Today, there isn't the false sense of excitement, but there is tremendous peace in and through all things.  It is amazing to know that even through the greatest of storms peace, love and friendship is available in the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous.

Thank You Higher Power.  Thank You for the love of the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous.  Thank you for the beautiful, peaceful moments in my life today.  Thank You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment