Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Bright Spot Of Our Lives


Life will take on new meaning. To watch people recover, to see them help others, to watch loneliness vanish, to see a fellowship grow up about you, to have a host of friends - this is an experience you must not miss.  We know you will not want to miss it.  Frequent contact with newcomers and with each other is the bright spot of our lives.  Big Book, p89

Life has taken on new meaning.  I love working with others and I love my sponsor.  I am convinced that God is present whenever I am working the Steps with someone.  My sponsor and I met yesterday as Thursdays are now our custom after a 3:00 p.m. meeting.  We are helping each other so much and I am so grateful for the opportunity to experience this leg of my journey with such an inspiring member of the group.  Our relationship is effortless and it flows because we both love this program, each other and studying the Big Book. 

Yesterday, I was able to give a 30-day A.A. token to someone I have sponsored in another 12-step program for a few years.  This is such an awesome program and an amazing way of life.  I get to see this fellowship grow up about me.  Not only do we grow as individuals, but we grow in numbers and in solidarity with our purpose, "to help another alcoholic".  I am grateful to be a part of this experience and I am grateful to be of use to others where I used to have nothing to transmit but the disease of the alcoholic mind.

Thank You Higher Power.  Thank You for the experience of Alcoholics Anonymous.  I do feel like one of the chosen ones.  I am thankful to be able to be a purveyor of You GOoDness.  Thank You for introducing me to this new way of life.  Thank You.  

No comments:

Post a Comment