Sunday, April 22, 2012

If We Have Carefully Followed Directions

Much has already been said about receiving strength, inspiration, and direction from Him who has all knowledge and power.  If we have carefully followed directions, we have begun to sense the flow of His Spirit into us.  To some extent we have become God-conscious.  We have begun to develop this vital sixth sense.  But we must go further and that means more action.  Big Book, p85

It's prayer and meditation time!  Some say prayer is talking to God, while meditation is receiving the message.  I believe that they are interconnected and I have a hard time separating them.  My prayers focus mainly on help with the next 24-hours and relief from the bondage of self.  I might ask for guidance, help, inspiration or courage to face something difficult, but I do not ask for God to do anything specific.  Otherwise, I am back to being the Director.  For me prayer is about raising my level of consciousness and not trying to bring God to the human level. 

Meditation for me is about being still.  It's about breath.  It's about quieting the chatter in my head or the monkey mind.  My very first sponsor told me to close my eyes and watch my breath go in and out of my heart.  I noticed that my thoughts would subside.  When they came back, I would just focus on my breathing in and out of my heart again and this would bring me back to the quiet stillness I desired.

Meditation is not only good for my physical health, it allows me to discover Truth underneath all of the distractions of daily living.  I can get under the advertising and principles that others want me to be or follow and discover what is really within me.  I don't believe there is any way you can do meditation 'wrong', but I do believe it takes practice to continually go deeper within. If you are a meditation beginner, I suggest this video.  It's awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6eFFCi12v8

Thank You Higher Power. Thank You for this day.  Thank You for relieving me from the bondage of self one day at a time.  Thank You for Your inspiration, for our time together and for allowing me to rest in Your neverending love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment