Tuesday, April 10, 2012

God Either Is, Or He Isn't

When we became alcoholics, crushed by a self-imposed crisis we could not postpone or evade, we had to fearlessly face the proposition that either God is everything or else He is nothing.  God either is, or He isn't.  Big Book, p53

If God isn't, then how did I come to be?  If God isn't, how do we have trees the grow and flowers that bloom?  If God isn't, where did the birds of the air or the stars in the sky come into existence?  If God isn't, how do I breath, how does my heart pump and how does my body know how to heal?  If God isn't, where did the moon come from?  If God isn't, what intelligent power is telling the tides in the ocean to ebb and flow?  If God isn't, how come I haven't received anywhere near as much pain as I have dished out?  For me, God just is.

Thank You Higher Power.   Thank You for showing me your existence in such gentle ways.  Thank You for Your Divine Grace.  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment