Sunday, April 1, 2012

I'm Jittery and Alone

We know what you are thinking.  You are saying to yourself:  "I'm jittery and alone.  I couldn't do that."  But you can.  You forget that you have just now tapped a source of power much greater than yourself.  To duplicate, with such backing, what we have accomplished is only a matter of willingness, patience and labor.  Big Book, p163

Willingness is a spiritual key to my recovery.  I look up words in the dictionary a lot that I find in the Big Book, even the ones that aren't in the Big Book dictionary.  Sometimes I think I understand, but I really don't understand the meanings, even with the most common of words.  I found myself willing to surrender first to the idea of Program Principles.  These Principles of honesty, openmindedness, etc., are all powers greater than myself.  It is what got me started.  I found that if I practiced honesty, the Universe would respond with honesty.  If I practiced openmindedness, the Universe would respond in kind.  This was an opportunity to build trust.  I no longer felt alone.  As I practiced, I started to build a relationship with a Higher Power and as I began to recognize that this is what I was doing, I was able to turn my life and care over to this Power. 

Thank You Higher Power.  Thank You for Your unending love, care and strength when I most need it.  Thank You for guiding me to the right meetings, the most amazing people and for helping me develop friendships and rekindle old ones.  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment