Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Consciousness of the Presence of God

When many hundreds of people are able to say that the consciousness of the Presence of God is today the most important fact of their lives, they present a powerful reason why one should have faith.  Big Book, p51

When I hear other people have been abstinent from their addictions for any length of time, I know there is a Higher Power available to anyone.  No human power could relieve my alcoholism.  Family tried to talk me into being 'reasonable'.  A common theme was, "I'll just have this one to steady my nerves" or "I'll just drink a few to take the edge off", etc.  This was my attempt at trying to control something I am powerless over.    Since coming to believe there is a Power who could help me, I haven't had to take another drink.  It has required a daily surrender.  Faith without works is dead.  The works for me today are daily service and surrender of all people, places and things I am powerless over.

Thank You Higher Power.  Thank You for showing Your will for me daily.  Thank You for allowing consequences from my decisions.  Thank You for the Love and the Lessons.  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment