Friday, April 20, 2012

Simple Cornerstone

As soon as a man can say that he does believe, or is willing to believe, we emphatically assure him that he is on his way.  It has been repeatedly proven among us that upon this simple cornerstone a wonderfully effective spiritual structure can be built.  Big Book, p47

This cornerstone is my pathway to peace.  I used to believe.  Today, I call it an intuitive knowing.  I have experienced my Higher Power in ways I never before thought imaginable since working the 12 Steps of recovery.  I suppose the experiences I have had are what the book means when it talks about being rocketed into a 4th dimension. I know Peace. The Presence of God is always there and I can experience it when I tap into it through contemplative prayer and meditation.  The meditation can be simply stillness and breathing.  I can rest in this Divine Presence whenever I want or need to. This Loving Presence is with me at all times.  I just need to remember.  I need to continually wake up from the hypnosis of worldly matters and keep focusing on the spiritual.  This is my cornerstone.  This is my path.  This is the reason I did not drink today. 

Thank You Higher Power.  Thank You for being One with me at all times.  Thank You for waking me up to the Divinity that exists within me, right now.  Thank You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment