Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Choices

I don't let the negative phase me; I let the positive raise me - Facebook / Living The Promises
I don't know who to credit with this quote, but this is where I saw it and it blew me away.  I have a choice.  I can focus on the negative or I can focus on the positive.  I think about all of those pity parties where I obsessed over what was wrong with all the people, places or things I didn't like.  I created drama upon drama in my mind.  Now, if I take all that energy and focus on what's good in my life, then that just multiplies and multiplies!   I have this one example that runs through my mind when I think of this topic.  If someone shuts a door on me when I am walking into a store, do I think a negative thought about the inconsideration?  Or, do I think about the 1000's of times someone has opened a door for me and rest in that gratefulness? 

Higher Power,
Thank you for the blessing of choice.  It's a great ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment