Friday, January 27, 2012

Serious Alcoholic

If you are as seriously alcoholic as we were, we believe there is no middle-of-the-road solution.  We were in a position where life was becoming impossible, and if we had passed into the region from which there is not return through human aid, we had but two alternatives:  One was to go on to the bitter end, blotting out the concsiousness of our intolerable situation as best we could; and the other, to accept spiritual help.  Big Book p25

First it was fun, then it was fun with problems, then it was just problems. 

When I think about the words "go on to the bitter end", I cannot comprehend what that might be like.  I was already in hell when I got here.   I didn't see any choice except to accept spiritual help.  I was so desperate. 

Thank you Higher Power for pointing me to the rooms when I became desperate enough to seek help.  Thank you for your love when I was at that point of complete defeat.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment