Friday, January 20, 2012

Faith or Fear

All men of faith have courage. They trust their God. We never apologize for God. Instead we let Him demonstrate, through us, what He can do. We ask Him to remove our fear and direct our attention to what He would have us be. At once, we commence to outgrow fear. The Big Book p68

When I direct my attention on what my Higher Power would have me be then, for the moment, I do not react from fear.  Instead, I am able to respond from love.  In the moment, I no longer fear because my ego is not looking for credit or control.  Everything simply "is what it is" and I can accept it as it is right now.  When my ego is reacting to situations, they become volatile, manipulative, and things need to fit some mental image of what I think they should be.  When I respond from love, my conscious state of connection to God and my fellows, there is a kindness, a rightness, a beauty in everything and the fear simply dissolves.

Thank you God.  Thank you for showing me how to lovingly detach from the illusion of my own thinking.  Thank you for offering me the opportunities to practice the principles in all of my affairs.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment